Acceptable Data Use Policy
Last updated August 23rd, 2022.
This Acceptable Data Use Policy ("ADUP") describes actions that Nymeria prohibits when any party uses the Nymeria Services. This ADUP is incorporated by reference into, and governed by the Services Subscription Agreement or other Services Agreements between you (Customer) and Nymeria (the "Agreement").
Nymeria believes in companies using data for good, and that is the basis for why we have created this policy.
As such, you may not use the Nymeria Services without agreeing to this ADUP. Thus, you agree not to use, and not to encourage or allow any Client or End User to use, the Nymeria Services in the following prohibited ways:
- Using the Nymeria Services to encourage any illegal, fraudulent, abusive, or other activities.
- Using the Nymeria Services in connection with credit granting, credit monitoring, account review, collection, insurance underwriting, employment or for any other purpose covered by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 U.S.C. Sec. 1681 et seq ("FCRA")), Federal Trade Commission interpretations of the FCRA, and similar federal and state statutes.
- Using the Nymeria Services for any form of debt collection.
- Using the Nymeria Services to engage in, or in connection with fraudulent activity.
- Using the Nymeria Services directly as the sole source of data for hard background check purposes.
- Using the Nymeria Services to determine eligibility for a government license or benefit.
- Using the Nymeria Services for any purpose prohibited by applicable data privacy and security laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) ("GDPR"), the California Consumer Privacy Act or any similar state or national laws.
- Using any data that is subject to the GDPR and is contained in or derived from the Nymeria Services for any purpose other than for business-to-business or recruitment activities and when Customer has a lawful basis to process such information for these activities.
- Using our Services for the benefit of any one political candidate, political party, political campaign or advocacy group affiliated exclusively with or formed to benefit any one political candidate, political party or political campaign.
- Using our Services to benefit any government agency operating as an intelligence agency whose purpose is to collect and analyze data on people for the purposes of, but not limited to, counter-terrorism, the creation of watchlists, individual threat assessment or mass-surveillance to support national security, military, and foreign policy objectives. Providers to intelligence agencies are also prohibited from providing our data to any governmental intelligence agency undertaking these or similar activities.
While we’ve done our best to make our ADUP complete, readable, and understandable, you may have additional questions. We get that. So, feel free to contact our team at email@example.com or write to us at the address below:
1883 W Royal Hunte Dr. STE 200-A
Cedar City, UT 84720