Here are some key highlights:
- New and improved data and match rates.
- A get started page has been added with usage info and quick links.
- Our people search experience has been improved.
- Our bulk enrichment, verification and folders have been improved.
- An assortment of bug fixes and performance improvements.
Read on to learn more about the updates above.
In Q4 of this year our database went from 540 million unique profiles to over 811 million. In addition to the new profiles we have updated hundreds of millions of profiles. Updated fields include:
- Personal Emails
- Work Emails
- Phone Numbers
- Social Links
- and more!
What do these updates mean for you? Our overall match rate has gone up 25% and our email and phone number finding rates have gone up 10% on average.
When you log in you are now presented with a new getting started page. The page shows your current usage and a number of actions you can perform.
The quick action links make it easier to grab our browser extension, leverage our people search, use our bulk enrichment feature, invite team members, find relevant apis and more.
The search results view and functionality has been updated. You no longer need to click on a result to preview or view a person's contact details. The search result cards display a preview for each result.
To unlock the person's contact information you can easily click the unlock button from the search results page. You can also visit each person's social profiles right from the search results page.
We have also added a multi-select feature on the search results. You can now select multiple (or all) people and add them to a folder within Nymeria, or export immediately in CSV or JSON.
We have made additional changes to our bulk enrichment and bulk verification features as well as our folders.
The folder and enrichment pages mirror the presentation of the search results making the experience more seamless and familiar across the web application.
Fixes and Improvements
Finally, we have made a number of bug fixes and improvements internally. These fixes and updates have had notable impact on our service and platform.
- Our web pages are quicker to load thanks to optimizations.
- Our API latency has been reduced due to improved internal caching.
- The maximum size for exports has been increased to 10,000 people per-export.
- Our LinkedIn URL parsing has improved for Cyrillic script and other non-English alphabets.
- and more!
Got feedback or ideas?
We have always valued user feedback and leveraged feedback to improve our product and service. Nymeria's success has come from listening to our users and shaping the product our users want and need. If you have any feedback or ideas, we absolutely want to hear about it. You can reach out to us anytime.